Use this healing salve on skin rashes, minor cuts and burns, bruises, eczema, psoriasis, sunburns, and chapped lips.
• 1/4 cup grated beeswax
• 1 cup infused Calendula officinalis oil
• 10 to 20 drops lavender essential oil
• Infuse your oil according to the directions in Gardener’s Salve: 7 Plants for Healthy Hands.
• Put the finished, infused oil into a double boiler and gently heat.
• Add the beeswax and stir until it’s completely dissolved.
• To test the consistency of the salve, take a small spoonful and set it in the freezer for a couple of minutes. If it’s too soft, add a little more beeswax; if it’s too hard, add a little more infused oil.
• Remove the mixture from heat, add essential oil, and stir to combine.
• Pour the finished salve into tin containers (found at health food stores or online).
• Wait until the salve completely solidifies before capping it with a lid to avoid condensation.
Read more about the healing benefits of Calendula in Gardener’s Salve: 7 Plants for Healthy Hands.