Follow this pickled garlic recipe to enjoy flavor-packed, healthful garlic year-round.
• Peeled garlic cloves
• Apple cider vinegar (to cover)
• Raw local honey (to taste)
1. Fill a glass jar with garlic cloves and cover with apple cider vinegar. Keep in a warm, dark place for 3 to 4 weeks.
2, After a few weeks, strain liquid and set the garlic cloves aside.
3. Pour half the liquid into a small saucepan over very low heat and stir in honey until fully incorporated.
4. Pour the reduction back over the garlic and store in a cool dark place, such as your pantry, for another 3 weeks.
5. Eat a clove of the pickled garlic whenever you wish, but for treating cold or flu, eat 3 to 5 cloves a day.
Get more recipes and advice on gardening for wintertime health in Winter Herbal Remedies from the Medicinal Garden.