If you’re going to make the savory quince salsa (the recipe can be found here), try saving some of it for use in a sweet and healthy tortilla wrap.
FOR MORE ABOUT QUINCE, SEE: The Disappearance and Revival of Fruiting Quince.
• 2 ounces of your favorite, strong cheese (chèvre, feta, Manchego, or Stilton cheese)
• 2 ounces coarsely-chopped walnuts
• 1 8-inch flour tortilla
• quince salsa
• watercress or baby arugula
1. Arrange your cheese of choice and walnuts across the lower half of the flour tortilla.
2. Top with some of your quince salsa and the watercress or arugula.
3. Fold the bottom of the tortilla up over the stuffing, the sides in, and roll the stuffed tortilla up and away from you into a tight package.
4. Cut in half so you can share it with a friend. Enjoy outside while seated at a picnic bench with a tall glass of iced tea garnished with a sprig of fresh mint.