The Soup Kitchen
Slow Cooker Black Bean Butternut Squash Chili Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 pounds butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes (about 4 cups)
- 1-1/2 cups corn (fresh, frozen, or home-canned)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups cooked black beans
- 2 cups diced tomatoes (fresh or home-canned)
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- Sour cream, optional
- Shredded cheese, optional
2. Add chili powder and squash; stir and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Pour into a large slow cooker.
4. Add corn, garlic, black beans, tomatoes, and broth; mix well.
5. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or until squash is tender.
6. Garnish with sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, and chopped cilantro.