Horseradish Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- 5 to 6 medium potatoes, washed, left unpeeled
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup half & half or whole milk
- 5 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
1. Place potatoes in water and boil until soft.
2. Drain and cool.
3. Peel, or leave skins on, then dice the potatoes slightly.
4. Add the remaining ingredients and mash well with a potato masher.
5. Butter a baking dish and transfer the mashed potatoes to that, spreading the potatoes evenly.
6. Top with shredded cheddar and place the baking dish under a hot broiler until the cheese melts and starts to bubble.