Photo by Adobe Stock/Anna Bogush
This blend makes good use of the magnolol and honokiol content of magnolia bark. Studies suggest that these chemicals can activate cannabinoid receptors in the body, enhancing magnolia’s soothing effect on sleep issues and anxiety. This tea is excellent hot or cold, especially before bed.
- 2 teaspoons magnolia bark
- 1 teaspoon mimosa bark
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup water
- Add all ingredients to a small saucepan. Cover.
- Bring mixture to a boil, and then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Simmer on very low heat for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, strain, and enjoy.
Dawn Combs, M.A. ethnobotanist, is co-owner of the award-winning family herb farm Mockingbird Meadows and formulator of its Soda Pharm syrups. She’s the author of Sweet Remedies, Conceiving Healthy Babies, and Heal Local.