Photo from Adobe Stock/akvals
Homemade coleslaw is so much fresher than store-bought varieties that are often heavy with mayonnaise. You can also make it as simple as you like; for example, this recipe would work just as well with just cabbage, dill, yogurt, dulse and lime.
- 1 large carrot
- 1/4 white cabbage
- 1 large or 2 small beets
- 1/4 cup (50 g) plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp dried dulse flakes
- zest of 1 lime
- handful of dill, finely chopped
- handful of mint, finely chopped
- handful of flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- sea salt
- Grate or finely shred the carrot, cabbage and beets.
- Combine the yogurt, dulse flakes and lime zest in a large bowl. Add the grated vegetables and mix thoroughly until evenly coated.
- Stir through the chopped herbs and sesame seeds and season with a pinch of sea salt.
Also from The Seaweed Cookbook:
Reprinted from The Seaweed Cookbook: Discover the Health Benefits and Uses of Seaweed, with 50 Delicious Recipes by Nicole Pisani and Kate Adams, published by Firefly Books, 2018.